The open flightmaps mission Die Mission von open flightmaps
About the Project Über das Projekt
Forum for data issues and alterations Forum zur Diskussion und Meldung von Datenänderungen
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get informed about the latest and important data updates on the project.
Please report to us in case of data alterations, as well as license requests to the following address:
22. October 2016
Publication of Bulgaria (LB)
The publication of Bulgaria is planned for November 10th, OFMA Level 1 phase which means 1:500k charts, datafiles and mobile tiles will be provided. Presumably the country will be covered by two landscaped 1000 x 700 mm enroute charts – a West and East sector.
A preview of Sofia Area
16. October 2016
All active OFM regions have been implemented for usage with this very feature rich application.
FLY is FUN is a moving map for aviation and pilots providing ILS and GPS approach, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings, without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board.
FLY is FUN allows:
– Displaying route, bearing, trace on moving map;
– Displaying more than 80 values
– Visualizing airspace;
– Creating and modifying routes with “drag and drop”, “rubber band” , or with the database;
– Importing, exporting routes, waypoints, RWY (Garmin .gpx, .kml, txt);
– Performing route planning, evaluating distance, time and fuel consumption (depending on wind and aircraft characteristics);
– Recording the flight and playing it back with Google Earth;
– Calculating Sunset / Sunrise;
– Getting weather forecast along the route;
– Getting warnings, alarms and message before entering controlled or special use airspaces, approaching waypoints or specific points;
– Creating or importing airspace (Google Earth or Open air files);
– Getting dynamic terrain map (colors depending of elevation above ground level),
– 4 landscape and 4 portrait screens
– And many more…
The Application is available for Android in the google-play store
Have a look at this screenshots:
13. October 2016
Slovenia, welcome to OFM supported Regions
Charts and Data are available, Tiles in various formats will follow in the next days! Thanks to all contributors that made that launch possible!
3. October 2016
Publication of Slovenia (LJLA) is scheduled for 13th of October 2016! Full set of export features will be provided.
18. August 2016
how to install charts on the “Flight Assistant” app
Flight Assistant is a freely available application for android tablets and phones. The application has a lot of features in terms of flightplanning but this short instruction will only explain how the “mbtiles” format can be loaded.
Register the maps in the Application
Download and install the Flight Assistant application.
18. August 2016
Romania and Moldova, welcome to the OFMA universe!
Romania and Moldova region has been added to the list of supported regions. A big thank you to all contributors that have made that possible.
Full feature support in romania and moldova, we are looking forward to receive some valuable feedback!